CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER/ DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Are you a process-minded leader who is driven to grow themselves, their teams, and the organization forward? Do you have strong business acumen, possess high emotional intelligence and consider yourself a good communicator? Are you skilled at conflict resolution, can handle many different personalities, and see the potential in every situation? If you stay calm under pressure, value your employees, and are passionate about always keeping safety in mind, then we want to talk to you!
Our ideal Chief Operating Officer/ Director of Operations is:
- Organized, servant-hearted, data-driven and tech-savvy
- Responsible: You take ownership and love to get your hands dirty, doing what it takes to get the job done. You seek to drive a culture of accountability and never make excuses, always following through on promises.
- Decisive: You are an excellent project manager and understand what it takes to get the job done. You analyze and solve problems with a keen sense of urgency.
- Open-minded: You are honest and respectful of your colleagues and embrace diversity. You are available and responsive to all issues within an organization and navigate conflict with skill and maturity.
- Strategic: You see the big picture in all problems and understand the impact of decisions on each area of the organization.
- Collaborative: You are committed to developing a collaborative spirit and excel in pulling different teams together. You love to build teams from the ground up and alleviate the potential for drama by motivating, inspiring, and developing others.
Our culture values individuals who work for the greater good, not just themselves. We strive to create an educated, informed client base and are interested in candidates that can demonstrate coaching and teaching skills.
We're an environmentally aware organization that values renewable energy, and we hope our employees do, too. We truly care about what we do, who we are, and our customers and each seek to master our craft. We are looking for a person who excels in financial acuity and is budget-conscious to help our organization's continued business growth.
The job responsibilities of this Chief Operating Officer/ Director of Operations include, but are not limited to the following:
As the future Chief Operating Officer (Integrator) you will...
- Work collaboratively with the CEO (Visionary) to create overall business strategy
- Communicate the vision and implement strategic initiatives throughout the organization
- Oversee all operations of the company, including Sales and Marketing, Finance, and Operations
As Director of Operations, you will...
- Lead, manage, and be accountable for all of Operations – Project Managers, Service, Design and Engineering, and Warehouse (5 direct reports)
- Oversee productivity, team training, and professional development
- Be responsible for overseeing the safety program
- Maintain budget and resources expectations
- Own the operations processes – Evaluate, develop, improve, implement, ensure followed by all
- Stay accountable for project outcomes, on time, on budget, client satisfaction
- Regularly collaborate with sales and finance for forecasting, projections and estimating needs
- Oversee procurement operations and inventory
- Create a scalable structure to support growth in both Residential and Commercial operations
- 5+ years' management experience
- Operations management experience
- Project management experience
- Project management software experience
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Sales, marketing, and/or finance experience
- Construction, facilities maintenance, or warehouse industry experience
- Working knowledge OSHA
- CRM experience
- Experience with permits
- Experience working with time keeping software
- Experience with the "Entrepreneurial Operating System"
- This position will be working out of our Gainesville, FL office (not a remote position).
THE COMPANY – Solar Impact
Solar Impact is north-central Florida's premier supplier and installer of solar panels for commercial and residential properties. Our commercial, residential, and non-profit clients produce enough solar electricity to power more than 600 homes, and we have created over $5 million in local jobs.
We are a tight-knit group of people who make a difference in the community and our planet. We believe that having a positive workplace goes hand-in-hand with having an impact on our environment. We seek to care for all of our employees in the same way we care for the earth.
WHY Solar Impact?
Solar Impact stands out because of our culture and core values:
- Be Open, Honest, and Respectful
- Do the Right Thing
- Embrace Challenges
- Master Our Craft
- When You Succeed, We All Succeed
Since we opened, Solar Impact has grown considerably in both size and territory. Our employees have the opportunity to have a direct impact in our work by means of cross-departmental collaborations and part-ownership. In 2019, Solar Impact transitioned to 100% employee-ownership, meaning all of Solar Impact's employees are also owners, or in the process of becoming owners.
Benefits: Health, HSA, Short-Term Disability, 401k, Generous PTO
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER/ DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS